Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finding The Quiet In The Middle Of The Quake




I heard a remarkable message this morning at church. I would like to share a shorter version of how it spoke to me. The minister started out by reminding us of earth shaking message everyone receives at one time or another in their life.
"I regret to inform you", "I think we need to stop seeing each other", "The test show that it is malignant","I want a divorce," "Your daughter/son was in a car accident", "The budget demands that we cut back and I'm sorry to let you go". We all get a message that stuns us to our core at sometime in our life".

Then he proceeded to explain how a relationship with God offers a place of quiet that is holy and sacred. He gave two examples of his own life and how he had found peace with and through God in those horrific times.


It reminded me of a hymn we sang in church when I was growing up, "Near To The Heart of God". Is there any one out there that remembers it too?

I heard another minister on TV today say that going to church was important but having a one on one personal relationship with God was even more important. Do you agree?

There is such a difference to me in a message where you can see and feel that the speaker knows and has experienced what they are sharing. The words vibrate with Truth. Reminders on our journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment